Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I am obsessed





I am obsessed with Yo-Landi Vi$$er of the rap-rave-zef trio, Die Antwoord from South Africa who's album, $O$, I have been one hundred percent jamming to all day everyday and even reviewed for my school newspaper, THE PRISM. Yes, I work for my school newspaper. Yes, it is fun. No, it doesn't suck.

Anyway, back to Yo-Landi- it is a rare occasion in this day and age that I am so excited about a chanting girl with a cute accent who sassily reveals her chest in the video "Evil Boy," only to show that she actually has blinking eyes for nipples.
Actually, perhaps this is why I love her so. Or maybe it's the fact that she wears a floor length coat covered in stuffed mice (or are they fake? In one shot she's got a real mouse nuzzling her neck... true story). Or maybe it's that she sometimes wears a giant one-sie with giant rabbit ears and haunting South African graffiti graphics all over it. Or maybe it's her BIZARRE haircut

Maybe it's all of the above.... yeah, I think I'll go with all of the above.

Whatever it is, I'm hooked and obsessed. Obsessed enough to cut my hair like hers? Yeah. So tomorrow, I will be going from this:



TO THIS:




more to come.......


No comments:

Post a Comment